Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bloggy updates and a bus story.

So I have only four more trips on the Blue Line before I'm officially done with the process of being laid off my job. Uh... yay?

As I said earlier, I'm going to probably change/move the blog, as I have some free time coming up while I look for a job. (Again... uh... yay?)

My abortion blog post is still incubating. Sorry. But have you ever tried to write something short and pithy about abortion? Not easy.

In the meantime, the universe seems to have realized that I'm not going to be riding transit much longer and is showing me things that I could never have imagined... with you fine readers as the beneficiary.

Had a normal, event-free train ride (except for the 8 hyper-kinetic teens riding down to the movie theater to see Twilight), and then caught my bus. First of all, the driver we had needs remedial work. He pulls into stops really slowly and 20 feet from the actual stop, thus adding time and blocking traffic and crosswalks. But fine, whatever... it was Friday. I was just happy to be close to home.

But something else was slowing things down. An older lady sitting near the front of the bus pulled the cord right after I got on. The bus stopped at the next stop and the lady leans forward but doesn't move. We move on.

A few stops later, she did this again: pulled the cord, the bus stopped, and no one got off.

She does this a third time and people began grumbling out loud. The bus stopped and she didn't move. She finally said something to the bus driver.

"What stop is this?"

He replied: "I don't know. I didn't see the sign." (Again - remedial work please.)

Someone said, pretty loudly, something like, "It's Falcon! And you don't have to stop the bus to see what stop it is! Just ask someone first!"

To which she replied: "Everyone needs to get out of debt and buy a house now, because the apocalypse is coming!"

So... there you go. My stop was two later. Thanks to the driver, I had to get out right in front of a car trying to turn left and walk around it.

Thanks, universe! Can't wait to see what happens on Monday and Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well it beats being on it tonight. blue line had an accident and train was delayed. get to the transer station goin' southbound and just tellin passengers its delayed, doesn't tell you that you can't go past Pico and has passengers walk right past the scene of the accident and to the stop on Grand. Tells u a bus is waiting for u there, but the bus is actually parked around the corner and takes off without actually informing all the people waiting at the train stop that it was even there. so yeahs.... it could have been worst.